Live-in bilingual French/English or native English Nanny | St Martin French West Indies | Beautiful separate accommodation provided | 2000 euros net/month negotiable for the right candidate.
A lovely international young family of 4 living in beautiful St Martin is looking for a bilingual French/English or a native English-speaking nanny to look after their 2 boys who will be 2 years old and 5 months old at the start of the position. The family is currently in France and are going back to St Martin at the end of March 2021.
They are looking for a nanny to join them and are interviewing now. They are a kind, caring and down to earth family who lives in one of the most breath-taking places in the world. The parents are busy professionals who are looking for someone who is confident in their abilities and has a genuine love for looking after children. It is essential that you have had experience working with toddlers and babies before. The position is a mix of sole charge and shared care.
The family is looking for an experienced and qualified Nanny. Someone patient, energetic, kind, warm, nurturing, creative and flexible. Someone who will support all areas of development, encourage an interest in extracurricular activities and be a good role model. Someone upbeat and positive who can really engage the children is key to this role. You will be responsible for all areas of childcare, taking care of the day to day wellbeing, overseeing the educational aspect of the role through play and developing language skills. A driver is preferred for this role. This job is not for someone who wants to work overseas and earn a top salary but rather for someone who wants to spend some time in one of the most beautiful parts of the world and would like to explore and enjoy it around work schedule while there.
- Hold a formal childcare qualification.
- Have a minimum of 5 years full-time, successful and recent childcare experience.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience looking after toddlers and babies.
- Have a track record of long term commitment in previous private household roles.
- Have excellent contactable references.
- Have a clean and up to date home country police check and an Enhanced DBS check or be willing to apply for both.
- Have a clean driving licence and be a confident driver.
- Have an up to date paediatric first aid certificate or be willing to train.
- Can commit long-term.
- Able to cook healthy meals and snacks for the children.
- Happy to travel with the family.
- A good swimmer is mandatory
Monday to Friday approx working hours 9 am to 5 pm with 2 babysittings per week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Stimulating the children in French
- Preparing nutritious and balanced meals for the children
- Meeting the physical needs of the children, including dressing, feeding and bathing
- Setting up nap routine
- Changing nappies
- Preparing and sterilising bottles
- Helping with weaning
- Helping with potty training
- Helping children with general hygiene
- Encouraging the children’s development with age-appropriate fun, daily learning activities.
- Organising sports and other motor-skills activities
- Organising playdates
- Taking the children on special outings to museums and the zoo
- Organising the children’s wardrobe and belongings
- Keeping the children’s area clean and tidy
Accommodation + Food
The family lives in a beautiful 3 storey house with garden and swimming pool and you will have your own stunning private accommodation with private bathroom and entrance next to the main house.Food included. The family can also provide a simply kitchenette of kettle, microwave, coffee maker and toaster If preferred in the villa. Inside every suite is air conditioning, mini-fridge, safe and separate ensuite. All suites have a balcony with beautiful panoramic views of Anse Marcel.
2000 euros per month negotiable for the right candidate.The Family will pay all extras under a French contract include tax and social security, will pay a Gross paying 3900 euros per month total.
5 weeks paid holiday/year
April 2021.The family is interviewing now and meeting shortlisted candidates soon for trials in France.
The family employs a housekeeper.The family have 3 cats and 3 dogs.Car provided for the exclusive use of the nanny and included below are some photos of a typical suite in the villa which the nanny will have exclusive use of and the panoramic views from the pool living area. Also, provide a flight ticket to the island and upon completion of the contract the flight ticket home.
How to apply?
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply, please send us an up to date CV with a little introduction of yourself and why you think you would be a great fit for this role.
Best of luck!
Bonjour Nanny ®
|Job Category||English or French Nanny|